Property News - March 2024

Welcome to our Property Investment Newsletter, the aim of which is to keep you up to date and informed as to the most recent property trends and news.

Please feel free to contact us with regards to all your Residential, Commercial and Industrial sales, lettings, auction and property management requirements. We look forward to being of service to you!

Portfolio Property Investments (PPI) is fully online via our Unique business platform that can be accessed by us as your agents, yourself as clients, your partners and you auditor “24/7” no matter where you may be.


Political Research Note - 2024 Elections... an independent analyst’s view (South Africa)

In the last national elections, in 2019, 14 political parties were elected to parliament. However, only 3 of them, the African National (ANC), the Democratic (DA), and the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF), garnered 89% of the vote. The remaining 11 parties shared the remaining 11%.

Life Rights - Part Four in a series of 'Life Rights' articles written by Prof Graham Paddock

In practice, the management provisions of both the Housing Development Schemes for Retired Persons Act of 1988 ('the Act') and the Sectional Titles Schemes Management Act of 2011 ('STSMA') do apply to many developments. These are 'hybrid' developments in the sense that they include both life right holders with unregistered statutory rights under the Act and sectional title owners with registered title to units.

Legal Speak Made Easy - “Subpoena duces tecum”

This is a court order for the person named in it to produce a document or other form of physical evidence at a trial or hearing – literally it means “under threat of penalty, bring [specified] with you”.

Employment Law - Did You Know that CV Liars Now Face Jail Time?

An all-too-common scenario in these times of high unemployment is job applicants who, desperate to be hired, lie about their qualifications on their CVs. Recent high-profile stories of fake doctors and the like are no doubt only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this growing problem.

Sectional Title - Body Corporate Insurance (Q&A's)

We have a sectional title complex near the Vaal river that has problems with their Insurance.

The Insurance notified them that they will no longer cover them, because of the units being close to the river and it is becoming a risk for flooding, fires etc.

Search By Reference


Stay updated on the latest Property News

Property Management Banner