SA Property - Commercial and Industrial Review of Hammarsdale, KZN
HAMMARSDALE IS HAPPENING
Spurwing Industrial Park, one of KwaZulu-Natal’s largest industrial properties under a single roof, in Hammarsdale, is being re-launched following the removal of all the redundant equipment and a significant upgrade in many areas.
The old DeNim Textiles plant in Hammarsdale was purchased by The Collins Consortium for redevelopment as a mixed use Industrial & Warehousing Park.
The property comprises of two adjoining sites with a total of 56 000m2 under roof and Rob McInerney of Share-List Property, who is assisting with the marketing of the property, advises that individual unit sizes range between 500m2 and 35,000m2.
A number of varied tenants have already taken up space seeing the following as some of the advantages:-
- The location - Hammarsdale is situated approximately midway between Durban and Pietermaritzburg. The property is only 5km from the N3 with good access.
- Very competitive rentals.
- Security – The Park has a double security fence with 24 hr access security and roaming guards and security charges are included in the rental.
- Abundant electrical power supply at a lower rate than Durban.
- The variety and flexibility of available space.
- Further upgrades, alterations and improvements can be accommodated in leases.
- An abundant pool of labour available in the area.
The balance of the park is ideally suited for large manufacturing and warehousing requirements and can be further redeveloped to suit specific tenant requirements. Some smaller areas are however, still available.
There are also a number of other new developments in the area and both rental and sale prices still provide good value.
Hammarsdale was initially established as a textile manufacturing node but the shrinking of the textile industry has created new opportunities and Hammarsdale is currently developing into a vibrant mixed use industrial zone without the congestion seen in some of the more traditional industrial areas and with many specific advantages.
Courtesy: Rob McInerney
For regional sales and lettings enquiries please contact:
Tel: +27 (72) 019 6192
Email: [email protected]